Marwan Ghazi is a highly accomplished and experienced Advertising Specialist with a successful track record reaching over 10 years. His ability has helped start-ups grow into successful business enterprises, through big data, social media listening tools, and psychology (consumer behavior). With his systematic and proven approach to digital marketing, organizations can thrive in any highly competitive online industry in any region of the world.
1. How did you first become interested in digital marketing?
First of all, thanks for having me. Right after high school, I was looking for a job to gain experience. I was fortunate to be accepted at DMS (now Acxiom MENA) and I was exposed to many marketing projects. I was also influenced by a friend of mine after university, a designer at ad agencies. I heard a lot of things from him about how an agency works and I was hooked up immediately. I then worked as a strategic planner at Tribal Worldwide and Publicis Communications.
2. In the years you have worked in the industry, how have things changed as a Digital Strategic Planner?
The demand in continuously becoming more and agencies want faster results.
3. What are some common mistakes you see businesses making with respect to digital marketing?
This is something I’ve seen first-hand: creating campaigns based on a gut feeling. It could be something old and diminished where this is being read. But here in Malaysia and dare I say the South-East Asian region, all campaigns are done without reference to data and simply just use their guts to create.
What I firstly do in any agency that I join, is to introduce data-based marketing and advertising work process.
4. What are some of your own best practices?
- I base my work on my 3 pillars: Analytics (research), Insights and Trends.
- I formulate my campaigns based on my “Campaign Framework Process” that I have invented and I look forward to create in an website, app or software form.
5. What else would you like readers to know about you and your work?
Data is the way and it will stay for decades. We are living the 2nd e-Commerce boom, which requires deep understanding of data. I’m well educated, certified and experienced digital marketing specialist and digital strategist. I’m on the lookout for jobs anywhere in the world. I can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.linkedin.com/in/marwanghazi/
You can also checkout This exclusive Podcast series:
Madame Perry’s Salon – the podcast with more celebrities than the inauguration – has fascinating guests. Cheetah Chrome, Rudy Sarzo, Michael Fleeman, Alison Arngrim, Kasim Sulton, Diane Dimond and more. Link is http://www.blogtalkradio.com/madameperryssalon